Related to Power BI Ideas: Turn off Matrix Total - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=f40be08a-dbbd-441a-a197-8282a13ff1ca
When we use the native matrix visual in Power BI, the process to turn off the grand total is not straightforward and intuitive. We can only turn off the totals or subtotals at a specific level as shown below:
In Inforiver matrix visual, we can turn off the totals and subtotals from the Totals item on the toolbar. In fact, you will notice some additional settings too that can be applied to row & column totals as well as subtotals. This option provides the best user experience as one need not search for these properties.
Let us illustrate this with an example:
1. To simply turn off the total, choose Totals in the menu under the Home tab. You will observe the following options:
2. Under Row Grand Total we have the option to switch off the Matrix Totals. Click on that and Matrix Row Total will be turned off:
3. We can even do the same operation for column Grand Total
s. Here we have a matrix with a Column Grand Total:
4. Simply repeat the same steps but this time we must switch off the Matrix Total under Column Grand Total:
5. We can also change the position of Matrix Total/Subtotal. For example, the Row Grand Total can either be in the top/bottom. In this case we choose the Top option:
6. Alternatively we can also change the position of the Column Grand Total/Subtotal to be either Left/Right. In this case we choose Left:
Play around with these options and figure out how easy it is to configure the matrix the way you want.
Download a free trial of Inforiver Matrix today.