Thank you for your interest in Inforiver.
Here are the steps to get you started:
STEP 1: Download Inforiver
The visual is already embedded with a unique dynamically generated license key. This means you do not have to enter any license key in the visual.
When I download, I get the message ‘This XML file does not appear to have any style information…’
Your download link has expired. Please verify your email at https://inforiver.com/login/ to access the new download link.
I haven't received the welcome email
Make sure there are no spelling mistakes/typos in the mail id used for registration.
Check your spam folder or whitelist email@example.com.
If that doesn’t work, reach out to your IT team and ask them to whitelist the domain at the firewall level. You would start receiving subsequent emails from us in your inbox.
If you still have difficulties, reach out to us here.
STEP 2: Install Inforiver
There are 2 different methods to deploy Inforiver in Power BI:
2.1 Install for yourself
- You can use this option to install the visual on your own in Power BI desktop or service, without help from your IT or Power BI administrator.
- If you need additional report authors/creators to use Inforiver, you need to share the Inforiver build file (.pbiviz file) with them.
- In the future, when there is a newer version of Inforiver, you need to follow the same process to update each of your reports.
Install for yourself - Instructions
- Open your report in Power BI Desktop or Power BI service.
- Select the ellipsis from the visualizations pane.
3. Select Import a visual from a file from the menu.
4. If you get a message cautioning you about importing custom files, select Import.
5. Navigate to the folder that has the custom visual file (.pbiviz) and open it.
6. When the visual has successfully imported, select OK.
7. The visual now appears as a new icon in the visualizations pane of the current report.
8. If you want the visual to remain on the visualization pane for all reports right-click on it and select Pin to visualizations pane.
9. The visual gets pinned.
2.2 Install for your Organization (Organization Visual)
- Under this option, your Power BI Administrator uploads Inforiver to the Organizational Custom Visual (OCV)
- Once uploaded, the custom visual becomes available to all users within your organization who log on to Power BI. You need not share the build file (.pbiviz file) with every creator, and they do not have to individually install or update visuals.
- Any future updates done to the visual – when uploaded to the repository by the administrator – will automatically update all the reports in your organization.